One of the best deals at Suvarnabhumi International Airport is located in the domestic section of the airport – the Royal Project Group.
The Royal Project Group is a small store that is very easy to miss if you have just arrived on a domestic flight or if you are getting ready to depart.
The reason you might miss the Royal Project Group is the shop is small and it is just before the travelator ends if you are departing so you have to walk back a few meters past the camera/electronics shop to see it.
– Although small, the Royal Project Group is worth a stop for the fresh fruits and vegetables and other locally produced Thai Goodies.
– This is a program that the Tourism Authority of Thailand should promote more especially if it wants to promote sustainable tourism, eco-tourism, or getting back to nature.
– The salad pictured above, from the Royal Project Group, cost all of 25 baht (less than $1 US dollar) and consisted of lettuce, shredded cabbage and carrots, cherry tomatoes, green pepper, parsley, cucumber, and salad dressing.
– Now, the Royal Project Group Salad may not look that big, but if you dump it onto a plate, you have a meal. All I did was add a small can of tuna but have also eaten it with chicken or with prawns.
– The Royal Project Group shop is also easy to miss if you are arriving at the domestic side of Suvarnabhumi International Airport because you are in a hurry to get to your suitcases you may zoom right past it. But, believe me, it is worth a quick stop.
– You can find out more about the King of Thailand’s Royal Projects from this article in the Examiner – Feeding Thailand with the Kings Royal Project or go straight to Thai language only website – Royal Projects Foundation.
1,166 total views, 1 views today